- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- 2020 year – the Year of development of science, education and digital economy
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organization begins
A summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization has started with a meeting of the heads of the organization’s Member States in private session.
Taking part in the session under the chairmanship of President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov, President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of the People’s Republic of China Xi Jinping, President of the Kyrgyz Republic Almazbek Atambayev, President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin and President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon.
In the talks, there is discussion in progress about issues of further improving the norm-setting and legal aspects of the SCO’s activities, consistently developing political, economic, cultural and humanitarian cooperation among the organization’s member states, jointly fighting against terrorism, separatism and extremism, against narcotic substances and weapons smuggling and against the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and also about issues of strengthening regional security and stability and the situation in Afghanistan.