- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- 2020 year – the Year of development of science, education and digital economy
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with the Ambassador of Italy
On August 24, 2020, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan Abdulaziz Kamilov received the newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Italian Republic, Agostino Pinna.
Accepting copies of his credentials, the Minister congratulated the Ambassador on his appointment and wished him fruitful work.
Current issues of further strengthening mutually beneficial cooperation between the two countries were discussed during the talks.
The parties exchanged views on the timing of upcoming joint events at various levels.
As noted, the Uzbek side attaches key importance to development of trade, economic and investment cooperation with Italy. In this context, the parties expressed interest in implementation of specific projects, as well as previously reached agreements in this direction, including within the framework of the 6th meeting of the Intergovernmental Working Group in Rome in May 2019.
It was emphasized that the Italian Trade House “Veneto” in Termez city, the opening ceremony of which will take place on August 25, will undoubtedly serve to expand ties between the business circles of the two countries.
Special attention at the meeting was paid to the issues of enhancing contacts in cultural and humanitarian spheres.
Photo by Anvar Ilyasov