- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- 2020 year – the Year of development of science, education and digital economy
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
On virtual conference on Afghanistan
On August 4, 2020, Special Representative of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Afghanistan Ismatulla Irgashev attended a virtual conference on Afghanistan “Strengthening Consensus for Peace”, organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of IRA.
The event was also attended by special representatives of foreign countries for Afghanistan, heads of international organizations and diplomatic missions accredited in Kabul.
The event is aimed at discussing international efforts to resolve the Afghan crisis and launching inter-Afghan peace negotiations as soon as possible with special emphasis on the upcoming consultative Jirga.
Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Hanif Atmar expressed gratitude to a number of countries, including Uzbekistan for providing assistance to the political process in Afghanistan and strengthening bilateral cooperation in the context of the coronavirus pandemic.
The importance of reducing the level of violence in the country as soon as possible, as well as the key role of Afghan people in the political process, was highlighted.
Views were exchanged on providing Afghanistan with all possible assistance in launching peaceful inter-Afghan negotiations.