- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- 2020 year – the Year of development of science, education and digital economy
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
President of Uzbekistan speaks with the President of Turkmenistan over the phone
On March 27, 2020, a telephone conversation took place between the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev and the President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov.
Current aspects of bilateral cooperation were discussed, including the priority measures taken in the countries to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection.
Activity of relevant agencies and organizations in providing mutual practical assistance and monitoring the development of the epidemiological situation, especially in the border areas, was noted with satisfaction.
Particular attention was paid to the importance of continuing active joint measures to minimize the negative impact of the pandemic on Uzbekistan – Turkmenistan relations in trade-economic, energy, transport-communications, cultural-humanitarian spheres and other areas.
The leaders expressed confidence that joint actions will help to successfully overcome all emerging difficulties and new challenges, will further strengthen friendship and good neighborliness, strategic partnership and multifaceted cooperation between Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
Heads of the two states also exchanged views on the issues of regional cooperation and the international agenda.