- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- 2020 year – the Year of development of science, education and digital economy
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with the Delegate of German Economy in Central Asia
On February 11, 2020, First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan Ilkhom Nematov met with the Head of the Delegation of German Economy in Central Asia Hovsep Voskanyan.
Promising areas of trade-economic and investment cooperation, organization of joint events, including a visit of representatives of German business circles to Uzbekistan, as well as opening of a Representative Office of German Economy in Tashkent were discussed at the meeting.
The parties welcomed the growth of bilateral trade over the past year that reached 980 million USD in 2019, which is 26% higher than the previous year, confirmed their readiness to increase cooperation in this sphere in the spirit of high-level agreements reached in 2019 during Uzbekistan – Germany Summits in Berlin and Tashkent.
It was noted that about 40 German companies and banks have their representative offices in Uzbekistan, and more than 200 joint ventures have been created.
The parties focused on participation of representatives of German business circles in the upcoming Tashkent Investment Forum on March 5-6, which is intended to become the largest platform for meetings of the international business interested in the Uzbek market.
Photo by Anvar Ilyasov