- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- 2020 year – the Year of development of science, education and digital economy
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Uzbekistan, Latvia discuss cooperation issues
On January 13, 2020, the Ambassador of Uzbekistan to Riga Kadambay Sultanov met with Under-Secretary of State, Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia, Jānis Mažeiks.
Issues of the current agenda of bilateral cooperation in the political, trade, economic, investment and cultural-humanitarian spheres were considered. Views were exchanged on the upcoming Uzbekistan – Latvian contacts at various levels and interaction within the framework of international multilateral structures, including the UN.
Jānis Mažeiks noted that Riga supports the ongoing large-scale transformations in Uzbekistan. Referring to the announcement of Uzbekistan by the authoritative British publication The Economist as the Country of 2019, the Under-Secretary of State congratulated the country on its achievements in state reform with wide international recognition.
It was emphasized that Uzbekistan and Latvia are close partners, countries maintain a close political dialogue, and practice has been established on a regular basis to conduct bilateral consultations in various fields. The trade turnover is growing, over 1.2 thousand Uzbekistan students are studying in Latvia. Cooperation is increasing within the framework of the European Union.