- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with IAEA Director General
On November 27, 2019, Permanent Representative of Uzbekistan to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Ambassador Sherzod Asadov, met with the new Director General of the Agency, Rafael Grossi, who will take office on December 2.
Rafael Grossi was given a congratulatory message from the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev on his election to the post of IAEA Director General.
At the meeting, views were exchanged on the ongoing work in Uzbekistan to develop a new industry in the country – nuclear energy, strengthen scientific and educational potential in this area, introduce new technologies in medicine, and the economy.
The parties noted with satisfaction that the construction of a nuclear power plant in the country will ensure the improvement of the education system, nuclear engineering, the construction of industry and energy.
The achieved level of fruitful cooperation of the IAEA with the Ministry of Energy, the Uzatom Agency, the Academy of Sciences and the State Committee for Industrial Safety of Uzbekistan were highlighted.
It was emphasized that Uzbekistan is firmly committed to international obligations in compliance with all requirements and recommendations of the IAEA to ensure nuclear safety.
The head of the Agency confirmed the readiness of the IAEA to continue providing technical and expert assistance to Uzbekistan, including in the process of building a nuclear power plant.