- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with the Chairman of Foreign Affairs Committee of the Saeima of Latvia
On November 27, 2019, the Ambassador of Uzbekistan to Riga, Kadambay Sultanov, met with the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Saeima of Latvia, Rihards Kols.
Prospects for cooperation between the parliaments of the two countries were discussed at the meeting. At the request of the Latvian side, the Ambassador informed about the preparations for the upcoming December 22 this year elections to the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis of Uzbekistan.
The head of the Saeima Committee spoke positively about the progress and scale of the reforms in Uzbekistan, linking the holding of parliamentary elections in Uzbekistan in the new conditions with the results of in-depth reforms led by President Shavkat Mirziyoyev, and expressed interest in participating in the election observation process.
Rihards Kols praised the processes of regionalization in Central Asia. He stated that the success of the European regionalism could be an important example for Central Asian states. The readiness was expressed to contribute to the study of the experience of the Baltic countries in this area, including in the example of the activities of the Baltic Assembly.
Following the meeting, an agreement was reached to maintain regular working contacts and exchange views on prospects for development of bilateral cooperation, including in the interparliamentary field.