- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- 2020 year – the Year of development of science, education and digital economy
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Shavkat Mirziyoyev receives Tatarstan delegation
On November 26, 2019, President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev received a Russian delegation led by President of the Republic of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov.
Issues of the current stage of cooperation and prospects for development of practical interaction with Tatarstan, one of the leading partners for Uzbekistan’s regions among the Russian Federation subjects, were considered at the meeting.
Intensification of business, cultural and humanitarian exchanges was noted with satisfaction. This year, the Consulate General of Uzbekistan was opened in the capital of Tatarstan, Kazan.
The trade turnover with the Russian region has been growing. Joint projects are being implemented in mechanical engineering, oil and gas, chemical and other industries.
The importance was emphasized for further deepening the mutually advantageous cooperation, boosting the trade, enhancing the manufacturing interaction and promoting specific projects in agricultural machinery, the electrical and pharmaceutical industries, information technology, housing and utility services, as well as healthcare and education.
Following the meeting, the two sides agreed to adopt a roadmap for 2020 and hold regular meetings of the bilateral working group for expanding partnership.