- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with the Head of OSCE/ODIHR Mission
On November 25, 2019, First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan Ilkhom Nematov met with the Head of ODIHR Election Assessment Mission, Cayetana de Zulueta Owtram.
At the meeting, practical issues of interaction of the Uzbek side with the full-fledged OSCE/ODIHR Mission during the preparation and conduction of the December 22 elections to the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis of Uzbekistan and local Kengashes were discussed.
According to preliminary data, more than 700 international observers from 50 countries and international organizations are expected to arrive in Uzbekistan.
Cayetana de Zulueta Owtram noted that OSCE/ODIHR plans to send about 300 people to observe elections, who intend to visit all regions of the country, cover the majority of polling stations, and meet with representatives of five political parties participating in the elections.
The parties agreed on mechanisms and forms of interaction during the election process.
Photo by Anvar Ilyasov