- Elections - 2019
- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development
On November 12, 2019, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan Abdulaziz Kamilov met with European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development Phil Hogan, in Brussels.
At the meeting, the parties discussed issues of expanding trade and economic cooperation, in particular in the agricultural sector.
It was emphasized that reforms being carried out in Uzbekistan on economic liberalization open up opportunities for a wider presence of the European business and investment in the country. In this regard, special attention was paid to prospects of eliminating tariff and non-tariff barriers, introduction of European systems of standardization, certification and quality management.
Appreciation was expressed to the European side for its readiness to assist Uzbekistan in obtaining tariff preferences within the framework of GSP Plus system, which allows importing more than 6 thousand items of goods duty-free into the territory of the European Union.
The Uzbek side noted its readiness to increase the supply of a wide range of export goods to the EU market, including fresh and processed fruit and vegetable products.
The parties also exchanged views on promising joint projects in the agricultural sector.