- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with the representative of the U.S. Department of Labor
On October 4, 2019, Uzbekistan's Ambassador to the United States Javlon Vakhabov met with the Director of the Office of Child Labor, Forced Labor, and Human Trafficking (OCFT) at the Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB), Marcia Eugenio.
At the meeting, the American side was informed about measures taken in combating human trafficking and forced labor, new institutional structures and improvement of legislation, plans for reforming agriculture.
Marcia Eugenio welcomed the special dynamics of transformations in this sphere, which contributed to elimination of child labor and significant reduction in the cases of forced labor. She praised the achievements in the country in progressive modernization of the agricultural sector, including the diversification of crops, reduction of cotton crops, increasing the purchase price for cotton, as well as mechanization process of its collection.
According to the Embassy of Uzbekistan, in the near future it is planned to hold interdepartmental consultations with the American side. In addition, representatives of the Ministry of Labor, Ambassador-at-Large Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons, as well as, Cotton Campaign International Coalition are planning to visit Uzbekistan at the end of October 2019.