- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- Elections - 2019
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Bukhara launches renewable energy investment project
On September 22, 2019, Gijduvan district of Bukhara region hosted a solemn ceremony of installing a mast designed to measure wind power. The event was held within the framework of implementation of a project on building a wind power plant together with the Chinese corporation Lioaning Lide.
The total project cost is 1.8 billion USD with a production capacity of up to 1.5 thousand MW. The khokimiyat allocated 6 thousand hectares of land. It is planned that the project will be implemented in three stages. At the first stage, it is planned to attract 240 million USD foreign direct investment for construction of a 200 MW power plant.
The ceremony was attended by the Khokim of Bukhara region Uktam Barnoyev, the President of Lioaning Lide Zhang Yulian, representatives of relevant ministries and agencies of Uzbekistan.
The President of Lioaning Lide noted that his company will continue to make efforts to attract and implement large-scale investment projects in renewable energy in Uzbekistan, using the best international experience and modern technologies.