- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- 2020 year – the Year of development of science, education and digital economy
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting in Brussels
On September 9, 2019, the Head of Uzbekistan Mission to the European Union Dilyor Khakimov met with the Chair of the Political and Security Committee (PSC) of the EU Council, Sofie Emmesberger, in Brussels.
The PSC is a standing body responsible for development of a common foreign and security policy in accordance with Article 25 of the Treaty on European Union.
At the meeting, the European side highly appreciated the rapidly ongoing reforms in the country. As it was emphasized, the scale of the process carried out in Uzbekistan have already become an integral part of the politics of the entire Central Asian region and even have gone beyond it. The upcoming parliamentary elections in the country, to which the full-fledged OSCE mission was invited for the first time, were noted.
The parties discussed practical aspects of the visit of the PSC delegation to Tashkent on October 2-4 this year. In this regard, it was confirmed that the European Union and Uzbekistan attach particular importance to this visit. The delegation will include ambassadors of the EU countries to the PSC, European Union’s Special Representative for Central Asia Peter Burian, as well as representatives of the European External Action Service.