- 2019 year - the Year of Active Investment and Social Development
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Uzbekistan attends tourist fair in Malaysia
On September 6-9, 2019, the Embassy of Uzbekistan in Kuala Lumpur attended the largest outbound tourism fair in Malaysia MATTA FAIR 2019, which is the most popular exhibition and sale in the region, operating exclusively in B2C format.
During the negotiations, special attention was paid to establishment of cooperation with leading travel companies of Malaysia, specializing in development of pilgrimage tourism, in particular in organization of trips to holy places and monuments of Uzbekistan. Malaysian companies have expressed their interest in establishing long-term cooperation with travel companies and agencies of Uzbekistan for development of such areas of tourism as pilgrimage tourism, ecotourism, business tourism, agro-tourism, culinary and sports.
Uzbekistan’s tourist products, which are gaining wide popularity among citizens not only of Malaysia, but also of the entire region of Southeast Asia, aroused great interest among participants of the fair.
Following the international exhibition, agreements were reached with Malaysian tour operators Travelyoyo Sdn. Bhd, Best Holiday Tour and Triways Travel Network on sending of about 400-500 Malaysian tourists to Uzbekistan in the fourth quarter of 2019.