- 2019 year - the Year of Active Investment and Social Development
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Uzbekistan’s silk industry opportunities presented in India
On September 6, 2019, The Embassy of Uzbekistan in Delhi, together with Uzbekipaksanoat Association and the Indian Silk Export Promotion Council, held a presentation of Uzbekistan’s potential for manufacturing silk products.
The Indian Silk Export Promotion Council (ISEPC) was established in 1983 as a company not for profit under Companies Act duly sponsored by the Government of India at the Ministry of Textiles. Today, it consists of about 2000 entrepreneurs engaged in the production and trade of silk products.
The event was attended by representatives of Uzbekipaksanoat Association, Indian businesspeople, silk producers, trading companies, members of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
At the session, the current state and prospects for development of the silk industry in Uzbekistan were presented in detail, as well as views were exchanged on expanding cooperation in this field. Detailed information was also provided on favorable conditions created in Uzbekistan for foreign investors, in particular in the field of sericulture.
Following the event, ISEPC management and members expressed their willingness to visit Uzbekistan to become familiar with the created conditions and discuss prospects for implementation of bilateral projects.