- 2019 year - the Year of Active Investment and Social Development
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with the representatives of the Taliban
On 8 August 2019, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan hosted a meeting with the representatives of the political office of the Taliban movement in Doha, headed by its leader Mullah Baradar Akhund.
During the meeting, the sides discussed the issues related to the promotion of the peaceful political process in Afghanistan in order to establish sustainable and long-term peace in the country.
Mullah Baradar expressed sincere gratitude to the leadership of Uzbekistan for their constant attention to Afghanistan and emphasized that thanks to the efforts of Uzbekistan, the Afghan problem has become again in the center of the world community’s attention.
The head of the political office of the Taliban movement supported holding the next round of intra-Afghan dialogue in Samarkand. He noted its timely nature and relevance in the light of the contemporary realities in Afghanistan and expressed gratitude for the readiness to create the necessary conditions for the meeting.
During the negotiations, the right of the Afghan people to decide their own destiny and build their future was once again emphasized.