- 2019 year - the Year of Active Investment and Social Development
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with the Speaker of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey
On August 6, 2019, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan Abdulaziz Kamilov met with the Speaker of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey, Mustafa Şentop, in Ankara.
At the meeting, the current state and prospects for expanding inter-parliamentary relations were discussed. The parties noted the importance of inter-parliamentary cooperation as a favorable factor for comprehensive development of relations between the two countries.
At the meeting, the parties also exchanged views on other current issues of Uzbekistan – Turkey agenda, confirming their readiness for legislative support for strengthening ties in tourism, cultural, humanitarian, educational and other fields.
The parties, noting the success of the first joint meeting of inter-parliamentary cooperation groups in March 2018 in Tashkent, considered the issue of organization of the visit of the delegation of the Oliy Majlis to Turkey to participate in the second joint meeting in Ankara.
Mutual interest was emphasized in the exchange of experience in law-making, organization and conduction of parliamentary elections. The Uzbek side invited members of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey to participate as observers in the upcoming elections to the Oliy Majlis and local Kengashes of people’s deputies, which are scheduled for December this year.