- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with UK Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
On July 10, 2019, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan Abdulaziz Kamilov met with UK Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for Investment Graham Stuart, in London.
At the meeting, main attention was paid to bilateral economic relations.
It was emphasized that comprehensive reforms being carried out in Uzbekistan open up new prospects for business of the two countries for cooperation in trade, economic, investment, financial and other spheres. Although the trade turnover between Uzbekistan and the United Kingdom in 2018 grew by almost 40% and exceeded 235 million USD, the parties have significant potential for growth in mutual trade.
The sides positively assessed the results of the 24th Session of the Uzbek-British Trade and Industry Council held on February 28 in Tashkent, at which documents on implementation of projects worth over 310 million USD were signed.
Graham Stuart noted a stimulating role for expanding mutually beneficial ties for opening by the UK’s export credit agency of credit line at 1.25 billion pounds and the British side’s support for creating an international financial center in Tashkent.
The parties confirmed their readiness to support the businesspeople of the two countries to develop cooperation.