- 2019 year - the Year of Active Investment and Social Development
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with the Minister of State of the United Kingdom FCO
On April 16, 2019, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan Abdulaziz Kamilov received Alan Duncan, Minister of State at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, who arrived in Uzbekistan on a working visit.
The parties noted with satisfaction the intensification of bilateral relations in political, trade-economic, investment, tourism, cultural-humanitarian and other spheres. In 2018, the trade turnover increased by 37 percent compared to the previous year and amounted to 235,9 million USD, the United Kingdom takes the 5th place in terms of investment in Uzbekistan’s economy.
The parties confirmed their interest in further development of Uzbekistan – UK relations and discussed proposals on the schedule of joint events in 2019.
During the exchange of views on international and regional agenda, special attention was paid to the Afghan problem. The British side supported Uzbekistan’s efforts on promoting inter-Afghan peace dialogue and implementation of major infrastructure and socio-economic projects in Afghanistan.
Prospects of expanding cooperation in educational sphere, including application of relevant standards and experience in Uzbekistan’s educational institutions practice were also discussed at the meeting.
British Ambassador to Uzbekistan Christopher Allan attended the meeting.
Photo by Zafar Yuldashkulov