- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Joint statement between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the United Arab Emirates
At the invitation of the President of the United Arab Emirates, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, His Excellency Shavkat Mirziyoyev, conducted an official visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 24-26 March 2019, and met with His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, and His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
The leaders discussed the current state and prospects for further development of strategic relations between the two brotherly countries, expanding and deepening bilateral cooperation in political, trade-economic, cultural and other areas, reaching concrete arrangements on them, as well as exchanged views on the current regional and international issues of mutual concern.
welcoming the rate of enhancement of interstate relations, as well as the tendencies of intensive and consistent development of the mutually beneficial and fruitful relations between the two countries,
underlining their conviction that raising bilateral relations to a qualitatively new level will give a greater impetus to the constructive and mutually beneficial long-term cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the United Arab Emirates,
declare the following:
1. The leaders underlined the importance of further development of mutually beneficial trade-economic, investment and innovative-technological cooperation. In this regard, the leaders decided to give a new impetus to the activity of the Intergovernmental joint commission on economic cooperation in the issues of creating conditions for the increase of the volume of bilateral goods turnover, mutual export-import operations and expansion of the delivery of high level recycled goods.
2. The leaders called for deepening the direct cooperation between representatives of the two countries and enhancing the exchange of delegations, launching joint production of goods with high added value, as well as encouraging introduction of new technologies and scientific developments.
Meanwhile, the leaders supported regular talks between the related government bodies of the States to discuss the full diversification and expansion of the trade turnover structure.
3. The leaders stated their readiness to hold consultations at various levels and to strengthen partnership relations, based on their aspirations for the further development and strengthening of comprehensive mutually beneficial cooperation.
4. Guided by friendly relations based on existing historical and cultural nearness between the two countries, the leaders agreed to expand cooperation in the field of culture, education and tourism. At this point, the leaders noted the role of the two states among the Muslim countries, contribution to the development of Islamic civilization, and the protection of cultural and historical heritage.
5. The Uzbek side expressed their support for the ongoing efforts made by the UAE to establish security and prosperity in the country and a carefully considered, balanced and practical foreign policy aimed at peaceful settlement of disputes in the Middle East. Moreover, the Uzbek side also noted that the significant achievements of the United Arab Emirates in recent years in the political, social and economic spheres have been a vivid proof of the success of the consistent reforms carried out under the leadership of President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
6. In its turn, the Emirate side underlined the positive outcomes of major changes and reforms and significant international initiatives, implementing by the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan His Excellency Shavkat Mirziyoyev in Uzbekistan that are strengthening the country's potential, developing the national economy, enhancing the well-being of the people and strengthening the international prestige of the country, as well as creating favorable conditions for mutually beneficial and fruitful multilateral cooperation in Central Asia.
7. The leaders reiterated their will to strengthen peace, security and stability at the regional and global levels and reaffirmed their commitment to further expand mutually beneficial cooperation within the framework of the United Nations, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and other international and regional institutions.
8. The leaders reiterated their determination in the fight against terrorism, violent extremism, illegal migration, drug trafficking, transnational organized crime and other threats and security challenges, as well as their intentions to strengthen and diversify cooperation both at the bilateral and multilateral levels.
9. The leaders encouraged the further expansion of the treaty and legal basis of bilateral cooperation through practically significant and promising agreements. In this context they noted the importance of signing in the nearest convenient the Interstate Treaty on Mutual Legal Assistance in Civil and Commercial Matters.
10. The leaders expressed their confidence that productive meetings, as well as the Agreements and MoU’s signed during the visit in the fields of economic and technical cooperation, and other various fields, will serve to consolidate brotherly relations between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the UAE based on mutual benefits.
11. The President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, His Excellency Shavkat Mirziyoyev, expressed his gratitude to the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the UAE, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, for the hospitality and warm welcome and invited him to pay an official visit to Uzbekistan at a convenient date. The invitation was kindly accepted. The date of the visit will be agreed through diplomatic channels.