- 2019 year - the Year of Active Investment and Social Development
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Rome – Tashkent – Moscow – Namangan – Chust videoconference
On March 7, 2019, the Embassy of Uzbekistan in Italy organized Rome – Tashkent – Moscow – Namangan – Chust online video conference on the issues of implementation, together with Italian partners, of a modern investment project for production of hygiene products worth over 30 million USD.
The video conference, which was chaired by Ambassador Otabek Akbarov, was attended by directors and managers of several companies and banks of Italy, SACE – Italian Export Credit Agency and Italy – Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce.
The project initiators from Chust district of Namangan region, representatives of regional and district khokimiyats, as well as representatives of leading banks of the country joined the conference from Uzbekistan.
This project involves the attraction of foreign investment and advanced technologies in the economy of Uzbekistan, creation of about 500 new jobs, significant import substitution in the local market, as well as export abroad.
The parties discussed practical aspects of the early launch of the project, proposals for solving organizational, technical and financial issues.
Following the videoconference, an appropriate Action Plan was agreed.