- 2019 year - the Year of Active Investment and Social Development
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with the Ambassador of Pakistan
On February 4, 2019, the First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan Ilkhom Nematov met with the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Irfan Yusuf Shami.
Practical aspects of development of relations in 2019, the schedule of the upcoming joint events were discussed at the meeting.
It was emphasized that during Uzbekistan – Pakistan summits in 2017-2018, new impetus was given to bilateral cooperation and specific areas for its strengthening in political, trade-economic, investment, tourism, cultural-humanitarian and other spheres were identified.
Last year, mutual trade turnover amounted to 92.4 million USD, which is more than two and a half times more than in 2017. At the same time, Uzbekistan and Pakistan have significant potential for further growth of this indicator in terms of volume and range of supplied goods and services.
Views were exchanged on the draft bilateral documents under consideration by the parties, which should expand the legal framework for deepening cooperation in various spheres.
At the meeting, other issues of the joint agenda were also discussed.