- 2019 year - the Year of Active Investment and Social Development
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting at the MFA
On September 12, 2018, a meeting with Brian McFeeters, the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Economic and Business Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Repblic of Uzbekistan.
At the meeting, views were exchanged on the current state and prospects for strengthening trade, economic and investment cooperation between the two countries in the context of implementing the agreements reached during the official visit of the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev to the United States on May 15-17 this year and the negotiations with President Donald Trump.
The sides noted positive dynamics in bilateral trade. Over the first 8 months of 2018, the trade turnover reached almost $300 million, while in 2017 it amounted to $210.2 million. At the same time, a significant potential for further developing mutually beneficial cooperation in this area was confirmed and the mutual interest in this was emphasized.
Other issues on Uzbekistan – American agenda were also discussed at the meeting, including preparations for the American Business Week in Uzbekistan.
The U.S. Ambassador Pamela Spratlen attended the meeting.