- 2017 year - the Year of Dialogue with the People and Human Interests
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Meeting with Head of Directorate General of EU Commission
On July 14, 2017, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan Abdulaziz Kamilov received the Delegation of the European Commission headed by Stefano Manservisi, head of the Directorate General for International Cooperation and Development.
During the conversation the sides discussed the state and prospects of cooperation between Uzbekistan and the European Union in the political, trade and economic, investment, cultural, humanitarian and other fields, as well as the implementation of the Strategy for a new partnership between the European Union and Central Asia in terms of improving its efficiency.
In practical terms, the sides considered the preparations for the upcoming 13th meeting of the Cooperation Council “Uzbekistan-EU” in Brussels, the visit to Uzbekistan of the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Magerini, the holding of the next inter-regional meeting “Central Asia – EU” and other joint events.
The parties confirmed their mutual consent to the establishment of a new cooperation body - the Subcommittee on Cooperation for Development, which will work to strengthen ties in the financial and technical sphere.
At the meeting, the sides also exchanged views on topical issues of international and regional policy.
The Head of the EU Delegation to Uzbekistan, Ambassador Eduards Striprais attended at the conversation.
Photo by Anvar Ilyasov