- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Press Club Elections.uz-2016 opens in capital
The Press Club Elections.uz-2016 on coverage of the presidential elections was launched on 30 November 2016 at the International Hotel Tashkent.
The event was attended by members of the parliament, representatives of ministries and agencies, international and public organizations, international observers for the elections, leading experts, local and foreign journalists.
Chairman of the Central Election Commission of Uzbekistan M. Abdusalomov, Chairman of the Committee of the Senate of Oliy Majlis of Uzbekistan on foreign affairs S. Safayev, Chairman of the National Association of electronic mass media F. Abdukholikov and General director of the UzReport news agency R.Juraev and others noted that upcoming 4 December Presidential elections are a mirror of the reforms, carried out in our country, on construction of a legal democratic state and free civil society, radical renovation and modernization of all spheres of life of our country.
The mass media actively take part in informing the population of the country and international community on all phases of preparing for and conducting elections. All conditions for journalists have been created at the Republic press-centre on covering elections and press-centres at the regional election commissions. Representatives of the mass media partake at the meetings of Central and regional elections commissions. Furthermore, commissions have been organizing a series of workshops and conferences to support the mass media in covering elections process, further enhancing knowledge and experience of journalists in this area.
Aiming at the creation of a unique interactive media platform for representatives of domestic and foreign media and formation of objective content about the preparation and conduct of elections, informing international observers and experts about the voting processes, as well as the media community about the achievements of our country, the National Association of electronic mass media of Uzbekistan, Uzreport news agency, Mening Yurtim, UZREPORT TV channels and other organizations established Press Club:Elections.uz-2016.
The platform has united advanced technologies and solutions: modern computers with high-speed Internet, the latest achievements in the field of IT-technologies, design and multimedia. The Press Club has established an online connection with 10 regional non-state television stations across the country, and direct online communication with the press centre of the Central Election Commission.
- Uzbekistan accumulated a huge experience in covering preparation and conducting electing in cooperation with different mass media, - says a reporter from the Xinhua news agency (China) Sha Dati. – This is demonstrated at the current election campaign as well. Online press-conferences and briefings, held by the Central and regional elections commissions, facilitate involvement of voters in all regions, ensuring full-scale covering of this significant political event. Opening of this press-club allows event wider access of journalists to information and effectively report about the election campaign.
A daily program schedule that has been developed for effective operation of the club includes briefings, press conferences and a series of thematic events with the participation of parliamentarians, representatives of political parties, ministries and departments, civil society and international observers.
The organizers also prepared a series of cultural events to introduce traditional art and culture of Uzbekistan to international observers and representatives of mass media.
It was noted at the event that all necessary conditions for effective operation of the mass media, covering the elections have been created and such projects have a significant importance in informing international observers and journalists about the election process as well as the activity of state bodies and civil society institutions.