- 2019 year - the Year of Active Investment and Social Development
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
- Uzbekistan and International Security Issues
- Activity of Uzbekistan in sphere of combating the international terrorism
- Activity of Uzbekistan in the field of international cooperation against drug trafficking
- Activity of Uzbekistan in the field of international cooperation against human trafficking
Uzbekistan and International Security Issues
The war in Afghanistan, where tensions have a tendency to deteriorate, today is one of the main sources of concern of the world community and, first of all, of security threats in Central Asia.
This problem and ways of its settling are, without any exaggeration, in the focus of attention of the world’s largest powers and international community.
It is not a secret anymore that the Afghan problem, which has begun 30 years ago, has no military solution. The overwhelming majority of countries involved in settling the conflict agrees with this.
It is impossible to improve and radically change situation in the country without solving such urgent issues as reconstruction of Afghanistan’s economy, communications and social infrastructure destroyed by war, without involving in this process of the Afghan people, without thoroughly considered and seriously organized process of negotiations and achievement of consensus between the confronting parties, without strengthening of the vertical power structure.
It is extremely important to pay full respect to the deep historical and
The settlement of the Afghan problem could be facilitated by creation under the auspices of the United Nations of the Contact Group «6+3» with participation of plenipotentiary representatives of the states neighboring on Afghanistan plus Russia, the United States and NATO. President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov has repeatedly emphasized that implementation of this initiative involving neighboring countries would allow achievement of an accord both in and around Afghanistan.