- Elections - 2019
- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
- Cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and UNDP
- Uzbekistan-NATO Cooperation in EAPC/PFP Framework
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the European Union
- Participation of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the Commonwealth of Independent States
- Participation of the Republic of Uzbekistan in activity of the International Fund for saving the Aral Sea
- Cooperation of Uzbekistan with the United Nations
- Cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Participation of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the World Bank
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and UN Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO)
- About cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the OSCE
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the United Nations Office on drugs and crime (UNODC)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the United Nations Office on drugs and crime (UNODC)
UNODC is the leading international agency working in the field of drug control and crime prevention. Management was established in 1997. through the merger of the United Nations International Drug Control Program and the Center for International Crime Prevention.
Interaction and cooperation with Uzbekistan is mainly conducted through the UNODC Regional Office in Central Asia (Regional Office), opened in Tashkent in November 1995.
The Regional Office assists five Central Asian States in reducing consumption and trafficking in illicit drugs helps to struggle with organized crime, as well as preventing and punishing terrorism.
Main tasks and functions of the Regional Office:
- implementation of the UN control strategy for drugs, for the prevention of drug addiction, for countering general drug-related crime;
- coordination of efforts of Central Asian countries in this area, including in the field of development of regional cooperation;
- centralization and provision of targeted advisory, technical and organizational donor assistance to the countries of the region, through the development and implementation of regional and national grant projects of consultative and technical assistance.
With the assistance of UNODC from 2000. the following projects have been implemented in Uzbekistan:
- Assistance to Uzbekistan in resuming operations at the checkpoint» Hairaton»;
- «Osh node»;
- «Development of a network of HIV prevention services and treatment of injecting and other drug users in the countries of Central Asia»;
- «Advice to Central Asian countries on drug demand reduction strategy and policy and HIV/AIDS prevention»;
- «Training of Central Asian journalists and raising public awareness through media publications on the negative impact of drugs»;
- «Prevention of drug addiction and HIV/AIDS through the media, NGOs and civil society»;
- «Establishment of a computer network for prosecutors’ offices in Uzbekistan», etc.
The total amount of assistance in the framework of UNODC projects amounted to about $ 8 million.
Currently, the Office is implementing the following UNODC projects for a total of $ 1.8 million:
- «Combating the illicit trafficking of Afghan opiates through the northern route by strengthening the capacity of key border points and establishing border cooperation offices» - XAC/K22;
- «The Global Program for the UNODC and WCO (World Customs Organization) for Monitoring for container transportation - Segment of Central Asia and Azerbaijan for 2013-2015»- GLOG80;
- «Prevention of substance abuse, HIV/AIDS and crime among young people through family skills training programs» - GLOK01;
- «Treatnet II - Treatment of drug addiction and its consequences for health» - AD/GLO/J71;
- «NATO-UNODC Partnership Program for Training Law Enforcement Officials in the Sphere of Fighting with illicit drug trafficking for 2015-2017».
Along with this, within the framework of the project «Establishment of the Central Asian Regional Information Coordination Center - CARICC», UNODC provides financial support for the activities of this structure.
In 2017 The project on creation of interdepartmental mobile groups within the framework of Subprogram-1 «Counteraction against transnational organized crime, illegal drug trafficking» and Prevention of Terrorism of the UNODC Program for Central Asian States for 2015-2019 with a total budget of $ 2.5 million.
Within the framework of this program, interdepartmental mobile teams will be established and trained, which will consist of law enforcement officers, including the National Security Service, the State Customs Committee and the Ministry of Internal Affairs, whose task will be to identify people involved in drug trafficking, and profiling of passengers that may be involved in the transportation of drugs.
Uzbekistan actively participates in the activities of the «Paris Pact» Initiative of UNODC. Since the beginning of the Initiative, Tashkent has hosted a number of international meetings and meetings in the format of expert «round tables» with the participation of a wide range of competent organizations and interested states.
In addition, the competent authorities of Uzbekistan participate in the activities of the new phase of the UNODC Regional Program for Afghanistan and neighboring countries for 2016-2019 and the UNODC UN Program for Central Asian States for the period 2015-2019.
Within the framework of the projects, training trainings and courses for law enforcement officers are also organized and interested ministries and departments of the republic.
As a result of anti-drug activities carried out in the country, involving international organizations, primarily the UNODC, Uzbekistan has seen a positive dynamics of the main epidemiological indicators in the field of drug prevention and treatment.
In addition, the implementation of UNODC projects contributes to strengthening the capacity of law enforcement agencies of the republic, increasing the level of medical and social services provided to the population and strengthening the interaction of authorized agencies of the countries of the region in the fight against the Afghan drug threat.
For the assistance provided in the sphere of combating illicit drug trafficking, increasing the capacity of the competent authorities of the republic and preventing drug abuse among the population, in 2016, a letter of thanks from the NIACCN was sent to the UNODC Regional Office to Central Asia.
On November 1, 2017 Tashkent was visited by the Deputy Secretary General, Executive Director of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Y.Fedotov. The concrete outcome of the meeting with the leadership of the republic was the adoption of the Action Plan («road map») for the further development of cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with UNODC in 2018-2019.
On December 7 in Vienna Deputy Foreign Minister of Uzbekistan and UNODC Executive Director Y.Fedotov signed the «Statement of joint commitment to further development of cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the UN Office on Drugs and Crime in 2017-2019» (on the implementation of the prepared by the Uzbek side Roadmap for cooperation).