- Presidency of Uzbekistan in CIS in 2020
- Investment potential of Uzbekistan
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Central Asia - the priority of foreign policy of Uzbekistan
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
- Cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and UNDP
- Uzbekistan-NATO Cooperation in EAPC/PFP Framework
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the European Union
- Participation of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the Commonwealth of Independent States
- Participation of the Republic of Uzbekistan in activity of the International Fund for saving the Aral Sea
- Cooperation of Uzbekistan with the United Nations
- Cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Participation of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the World Bank
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and UN Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO)
- About cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the OSCE
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the United Nations Office on drugs and crime (UNODC)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) was established in November 16, 1945.
The main objective of the Organization is to contribute to the consolidation of peace and security through the expansion of cooperation amongst people in the areas of education, science and culture in order to ensure universal respect for justice and the rule of law, as well as for the basic human rights and freedom enshrined in the UN Charter, for all peoples regardless of race, gender, language and religion.
UNESCO Headquarter is located in Paris.
The General Director is Audrey Azoulay (France), who was elected to this post during the 39th session of the General Conference of UNESCO in October, 2017.
UNESCO implements activities through its programs, which are aimed at the development of science, culture and education.
Uzbekistan has been the member of UNESCO since October 26, 1993.
The UNESCO Office in the Republic of Uzbekistan has been operating since April 23, 1996.
Uzbekistan is actively involved in the activities of UNESCO. Uzbekistan was twice elected to the Executive Council of UNESCO in 1997-2001 and 2009-2013.
Based on the proposals of the Republic of Uzbekistan, under the auspices and with the participation of UNESCO, following anniversaries were widely celebrated:
- 1994 - the 600th anniversary of Mirzo Ulugbek;
- 1996 - the 660th anniversary of Amir Temur;
- 1997 - the 2500th anniversary of the cities of Bukhara and Khiva;
- 1998 – 1225th anniversary of Imam Bukhari and the 1200th anniversary of Ahmad Fargoni;
- 1999 - the 1000th anniversary of the epic «Alpomish»;
- 2000 - 545 years of Kamoliddin Behzod;
- 2001 - 2700th anniversary of the establishment of «Avesta»;
- 2002 - 2500th anniversary of Termez and the 2700th anniversary of Shahrisabz;
- 2003 - 900th anniversary Abdukholik Gijduvoni;
- 2005 - 2700th anniversary of Karshi and the 1000th anniversary of the creation of Khorezm Mamun Academy;
- 2007 - 2750th anniversary of Samarkand and 2000th anniversary Marghilan;
- 2009 - 2200th anniversary of Tashkent city.
The interaction of Uzbekistan with UNESCO also affords an opportunity to popularize the Uzbek musical culture abroad.
In this context, the International Music Festival “Shark Taronalari” is regularly held under the auspices of UNESCO in the city of Samarkand.
In 1995 with the assistance of UNESCO in Samarkand, the International Institute for Central Asian Studies (IICAS) was established. Currently, IICAS has 8 departments and 10 centers, as well as 34 UNESCO Associated Schools operating Uzbekistan.