- Cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and UNDP
- Uzbekistan-NATO Cooperation in EAPC/PFP Framework
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the European Union
- Participation of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the Commonwealth of Independent States
- Participation of the Republic of Uzbekistan in activity of the International Fund for saving the Aral Sea
- Cooperation of Uzbekistan with the United Nations
- Cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Participation of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the World Bank
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and UN Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO)
- About cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the OSCE
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Cooperation of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the United Nations Office on drugs and crime (UNODC)
- Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
Cooperation between Uzbekistan and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
WIPO is an intergovernmental self-financed organization, the headquarters of which is located in Geneva.
WIPO in its present form was established in 1883-1886 after the adoption of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property and the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
WIPO is a specialized agency of the United Nations since 1974. 79 countries are the members of WIPO.
Uzbekistan is a member of WIPO since 1991 and is among the countries complying with the conditions of important international agreements.
WIPO provides methodological and technical assistance for further development of the national patent system, systematically carries out training of specialists of Intellectual Property Agency (AIS) of the Republic of Uzbekistan, and organizes seminars, trainings, as well as equips with AIS technical means, provides patent and other documentation.
Goals for further cooperation with WIPO are to improve the national legal and regulatory framework for the protection of industrial property which is harmonized with international patent law rules, to adherence to a number of existing treaties and agreements administered by WIPO, as well as to implement legal and technical cooperation between AIS the Republic of Uzbekistan and WIPO.
Tashkent regularly hosts various international seminars and conferences on intellectual property rights and on protection of traditional knowledge under the auspices of WIPO.
Cooperation on awareness of representatives of Uzbekistan on intellectual property is developing by means of participating in the following activities: a specialized course on industrial property, a distance learning course on the basics of intellectual property and the protection of plant varieties.
Representatives of Uzbekistan take part in the following activities of WIPO:
• WIPO Standing Committee on Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications;
• sessions of Interstate Committee on Intellectual Property and Genetic Resources, Traditional Knowledge and Folklore;
• meetings of the Assembly of WIPO.
Level of cooperation between Uzbekistan and WIPO can be characterized as high. There is an agreement between Uzbekistan and WIPO on the areas of cooperation which defines the basic framework of cooperation.